Yes there are fees for using online giving. These fees are paid by First Lutheran Church out of the total amount given or you can elect to cover the fees during your donation. Note: Your giving statement will reflect the total amount given, including fees if you cover them. Let's discuss how the fees work.If the church pays the fees:
- Credit Card fees: $0.30 per transaction plus 2.3% of the total amount.
- Example 1: A $10 donation has fees of $0.30 + $0.23 = $0.53. A net of $9.47 will be given to First Lutheran Church.
- Example 2: A $100 donation has fees of $0.30 + $2.30 = $2.60. A net of $97.40 will be giving to First Lutheran Church.
- Side note: The 2.3% fee will decrease over time as our online giving volume increases.
If you elect to cover the fee:
- ACH Bank Withdrawals have no transaction fee and a straight 1% of the total given.
- Example 1: A $10 donation has a fee of $0.10 with a net of $9.90 given to First Lutheran Church.
- Example 2: A $100 donation has a fee of $1.00 with a Net of $99.00 going to First Lutheran Church.
If you choose to cover the fee your donation will be ramped up by an amount. The amount of the fee changes based on the amount of the donation and whether you give with a credit card or through a bank withdrawal. You may notice that the fee you cover is even slightly higher than the fee the church would cover and that is do to the fact that by covering the fee you are in reality giving more to the church so the fees are on the new total donation. Your giving statement will reflect the total given however.....including fees.
Cover the fees, Don't cover the fees, give by check, give online, have your bank mail a check, place cash in the plate......whatever you choose please know your gift is appreciated! Thank you for your support of the mission of livelihood of the church.